Stainless Steel Magnetic Board
What is stainless steel magnetic board?
Our magnetic board is made from 430 grade stainless steel sheet, 0.9mm thick. Many grades of stainless steel are not magnetic, leading to the myth that stainless steel is not magnetic, and that if it is magnetic then it is not stainless steel. Grade 430 belongs to the ferritic family of stainless steels, meaning that the crystals in its structure are aligned in the same way as mild steel, and is and is therefore ferro-magnetic. While it will attract other magnets, it will not pick up other non-magnetic objects such as nails or screws.
What is stainless steel magnetic board used for?
Better looking than mild steel sheets, our stainless steel magnetic board has a modern, clean look, with an attractive brushed finish. In addition, with it being made from stainless steel, it is far more resistant to corrosion than mild steel. Used for display boards, crafts and hobbies, it makes an ideal noticeboard and a modern replacement for the traditional pin board, using magnets rather than drawing pins. Unlike traditional noticeboards, stainless steel is very easy to keep clean, and has excellent hygiene properties. Our stainless steel magnetic boards can be used in the home, office, study, school, garage, or shed. The board will attract other magnets. Simply fix your notice, flyer or postcard to the board with your magnet. Or choose one of our own Round Magnet Packs, which come in a variety of different colours.
Ordering stainless steel magnetic board
You can place your order online, either by selecting one of our standard sizes, or by entering your own dimensions into the Custom Size box, selecting the quantity you need, adding to basket, and checking out in the usual way. Alternatively, you can phone our friendly customer services team who will be pleased to help.
Our magnetic board arrives with a protective film on one side to reduce the risk of damage in transit.
All our stainless steel magnetic boards are supplied with unfinished edges. If you would like to ensure smooth edges to your magnetic board, please speak with our customer services team about our deburring service.
What is the best way of fixing stainless steel magnetic board?
Our magnetic boards can be secured in place with adhesive and do not require expert knowledge. When installing our stainless steel magnetic board we recommend the following:
1. Protect your hands with gloves whenever handling any sheet metal.
2. Undertake a trial test fitting to ensure size and shape is correct.
3. Leave the protective plastic in place until fitting is complete
4. Use stainless steeladhesiveon the reverse side to ensure a good secure fit. We also supplycartridge or skeleton gunsif you need one too.
5. Please remember that we will not accept return of goods that have been damaged due to incorrect fitting.
Care of Stainless Steel Magnetic Board
1. Our stainless steel magnetic board has the advantage of being very low maintenance. With just a little regular care it will retain its appearance for many years.
2. We recommend regular use of ourClean Line Steel Cleaner, which polishes and protects in one easy action. Simply spray directly on to the board and polish with a clean cloth.
3. Avoid close contact with other metal objects that are not made of stainless steel, in order to avoid transfer of rust. Be careful with products that contain strong concentrations of chloride or bleach, as prolonged contact may damage the stainless steel. Wipe away any of these substances as quickly as possible.