Stainless Steel Magnetic Boards / Sheets
Properties and uses of stainless-steel magnetic board.
What is stainless steel magnetic board?
Our magnetic board is made from 430 grade stainless steel sheet, 0.9mm thick. This grade of steel belongs to the ferritic family of stainless steels, meaning that the crystals in its structure are aligned in the same way as mild steel, and is and is therefore ferro-magnetic. While it will attract other magnets, it will not pick up other non-magnetic objects such as nails or screws.
What is stainless steel magnetic board used for?
Better looking than mild steel sheets, our stainless-steel magnetic board has a modern look with an attractive brushed finish. As it is made from stainless steel, it is far more resistant to corrosion than mild steel.
These sheets are used for display boards, crafts, and hobbies as they make a safe and modern replacement for the traditional pin board, using magnets rather than drawing pins and can be used in the home, office, study, school, garage, or shed.
Our magnetic board is available in a choice of sheet size or you can select a custom cut size to meet your needs- our largest sheet size supplied is 2500mm x 1250mm.
Our magnetic board arrives with a protective film on one side to reduce the risk of damage in transit.
All our stainless-steel magnetic boards are supplied with unfinished edges. If you would like to ensure smooth edges to your magnetic board, please speak with our customer services team about our deburring service.
What is the best way of fixing stainless steel magnetic board?
Our magnetic boards can be secured in place with adhesive and do not require any expert skills or tools, when installing our stainless-steel magnetic board, we recommend the following:
- Protect your hands with gloves when handling any sheet metal.
- Undertake a trial test fitting to ensure size and shape is correct.
- Leave the protective plastic in place until fitting is complete.
- Use stainless steel adhesive on the reverse side to ensure a good secure fit. We also supply cartridge or skeleton guns if you need one too.
- Please remember that we will not accept return of goods that have been damaged due to incorrect fitting.
Care of stainless-steel magnetic board.
- Our stainless-steel magnetic board has the advantage of being very low maintenance. With just a little regular care it will retain its appearance for many years.
- We recommend regular use of our stainless steel cleaner which polishes and protects in one easy action. Simply spray directly on to the board and polish with a clean cloth.
- Avoid close contact with other metal objects that are not made of stainless steel, to avoid transfer of rust. Be careful with products that contain strong concentrations of chloride or bleach, as prolonged contact may damage the stainless steel. Wipe away any of these substances as quickly as possible.