Aluminium I Beam
- Aluminium I Beam 76.2mm x 38.1mm x 4.76mm x 6.35mmfrom £58.59 (ex VAT)
- Aluminium I Beam 101.6mm x 76.2mm x 6.35mm x 7.94mmfrom £122.22 (ex VAT)
- Aluminium I Beam 152.4mm x 76.2mm x 6.35mm x 9.52mmfrom £183.34 (ex VAT)
- Aluminium I Beam 203.2mm x 76.2mm x 7.14mm x 10.3mmfrom £244.48 (ex VAT)
- Aluminium I Beam 203.2mm x 114.3mm x 11.11mm x 12.7mmfrom £488.96 (ex VAT)
What is an aluminium I beam and what is it used for?
Aluminium I beam- properties and uses.
Aluminium I beam are lengths of metal formed in the shape of a capital i that is used to distribute weight of walls and floors above an opening, and are also commonly used for structural and highly stressed applications, such as bridges, cranes, truck construction and other heavy machinery. These are often referred to as RSJs, although technically speaking that name refers to rolled steel joists rather than aluminium, but the concept is identical, and the terms are used interchangeably.
They are constructed with a central vertical support that sits between two horizontal flange sections to form a piece of rigid metal that is most commonly used in structural applications, although these are gaining in popularity for use in interior and garden design.
Our aluminium I beams are made from 6082 T6 grade aluminium which is a medium strength structural alloy with excellent corrosion resistance; aluminium is lighter and more resistant to corrosion than traditional mild steel I beams, or universal beams.
If you are unsure of which size or material I beam is best for your project, we strongly recommend you consult a professional tradesperson for advice and guidance.
Order your aluminium I beams from metals4U.
Free delivery on orders over £75 to England and Wales, and why not use our custom cutting service available at no additional cost?