Bright Mild Steel Flat Bars / Rods
- 50.8mm x 38.1mm (2" x 1 1/2") Mild Steel Flat Bright£266.75 (ex VAT)
- 50.8mm x 31.7mm (2" x 1 1/4") Mild Steel Flat Bright£222.35 (ex VAT)
- 50.8mm x 15.8mm (2" x 5/8") Mild Steel Flat Bright£111.34 (ex VAT)
- 50.8mm x 12.7mm (2" x 1/2") Mild Steel Flat Bright£88.97 (ex VAT)
- 50.8mm x 7.9mm (2" x 5/16") Mild Steel Flat Bright£55.50 (ex VAT)
- 50.8mm x 4.8mm (2" x 3/16") Mild Steel Flat Bright£33.30 (ex VAT)
- 38.1mm x 25.4mm (1 1/2" x 1") Mild Steel Flat Brightfrom £133.38 (ex VAT)
What is bright mild steel flat bar and what is it used for?
Flat bar is also regularly referred to as 'strip' due to its profile shape.
Our bright mild steel flat bar is manufactured form EN3B grade which has excellent weldability and machinability properties. The formability is classed as good, but the corrosion resistance of this grade is poor- we recommend that the flat bar is surface finished with a metal paint or other surface sealing preparation to reduce rusting and surface oxidisation.
Compared to regular mild steel, bright steel provides tighter sectional tolerances, increased straightness, and a much cleaner surface.
Bright flat bar is widely used for DIY, industrial, and commercial applications for general fabrication work and making structures and frames.
Order your bright mild steel flat bar online from metals4U.
We offer quick dispatch and delivery on all orders.